Instem Chosen for Global Deployment of Provantis SaaS; Roche Consolidates Preclinical Software Systems
Provantis Suite to Replace Existing Solutions While Adding New Capabilities for Roche
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA - (BUSINESS WIRE) – October 27, 2011 - - Instem, a leading provider of early development software applications, announced today that Roche has purchased Instem's Provantis Preclinical solution suite using its SaaS delivery model. This purchase will consolidate several key application areas and harmonize Roche sites worldwide.
- Roche will access the integrated General Toxicology, Pathology, Clinical Pathology and Protocol & Report Assembly (P&RA) modules using SaaS delivery model from US-based data center
- Data Import solution being deployed allowing Roche to import data from external sources
- Competitive evaluation conducted, Instem chosen for product coverage and SaaS capabilities
- Roche originally using traditional on-site software from multiple suppliers; consolidation includes new automated capabilities from Instem in their Clinical Pathology Laboratories
- Use of SaaS model to lower Roche infrastructure and support costs while enabling more frequent upgrades for access to latest features and functions
- 4-year agreement with on-line deployment starting in 2011
"To help with the rising cost of research and development, we are again encouraged to see that organizations such as Roche are consolidating the number of IT systems and vendors, allowing them to further focus on their science," adds Phil Reason, CEO at Instem. "Instem is well poised to support organizations such as Roche and we'll continue to proactively work with clients as they look to meet the demand for growth while increasing efficiencies."
"This decision will allow us to harmonize our system landscape for the non-clinical safety departments and help our scientists to further optimize laboratory processes with one fully integrated solution", comments Alain Nanzer, Head of Non-Clinical Safety Informatics at Roche.
Instem is a leading supplier of IT applications to the early development healthcare market, delivering compelling solutions for data collection, management and analysis across the R&D continuum. Instem applications are in use by customers worldwide, meeting the rapidly expanding needs of life science and healthcare organizations for data-driven decision making leading to safer, more effective products.
Instem’s portfolio of software solutions increases client productivity by automating study-related processes while offering the unique ability to generate new knowledge through the extraction and harmonization of actionable scientific information.
Instem supports over 400 clients through full service offices in the United States, United Kingdom and China with additional locations in India and a full service distributor based in Japan.
Meeting clients at the intersection of investment & return™.
Gary Mitchell (US HQ)
Julie Jones (UK HQ)
Tel: +44 (0) 1785 825600