Chinese Government Research Facility Purchases Instem's Preclinical Software Suite
Beijing-based Government Research Laboratory Selects Version 9 of Provantis Integrated Preclinical Software to Automate Study Processes
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA - (BUSINESS WIRE) – April 10, 2013 - - Instem, a leading provider of IT solutions to the global early development healthcare market, announced today that a leading Chinese government research laboratory has purchased its Provantis® preclinical solution suite following a comprehensive competitive evaluation.
- Extensive suite of integrated Provantis modules purchased including In-Life, Reproductive Toxicology, Pathology, Dispense, Clinical Pathology and Data Import
- Beijing research facility to implement Provantis 9; the latest version of Instem’s market leading preclinical software solution
- Contract awarded following a detailed competitive evaluation of Instem and another Western vendor; Instem selected for global market leading position and demonstrable commitment to the China market via a dedicated full service office in Shanghai and localized product suite
- Provantis to replace paper-based systems and in-house developed applications to streamline processes and further improve productivity
- A range of professional services purchased to facilitate rapid implementation and an immediate return on investment
Neil Donaldson, VP European & Asian Operations, Instem said “We are delighted to welcome yet another organization to our growing roster of clients within China. This new contract award demonstrates our continued leadership in the Chinese preclinical market and opens up additional opportunities to expand our footprint within the government sector.”
This announcement follows a purchase of Provantis by one of China’s largest providers of preclinical services, JOINN Laboratories.
As the first western toxicology/pathology software supplier to enter the Chinese market, Instem officially deployed its first China-based system in one of the largest and most advanced vivariums during 2006. Acknowledging analyst projections that the People’s Republic of China (PRC) is on pace to becoming the second largest pharmaceutical market in the world, Instem established a full-service office in Shanghai, recruited local staff and has localized the Provantis product suite into Mandarin Chinese. Instem is supporting international organizations and domestic laboratories exclusively serving the PRC using on-site systems as well as their SaaS delivery model from a professionally managed data center based in Shanghai.
Instem is a leading supplier of IT applications to the early development healthcare market, delivering compelling solutions for data collection, management and analysis across the R&D continuum. Instem applications are in use by customers worldwide, meeting the rapidly expanding needs of life science and healthcare organizations for data-driven decision making leading to safer, more effective products.
Instem’s portfolio of software solutions increases client productivity by automating study-related processes while offering the unique ability to generate new knowledge through the extraction and harmonization of actionable scientific information.
Instem supports over 400 clients through full service offices in the United States, United Kingdom and China with additional locations in India and a full service distributor based in Japan.
Meeting clients at the intersection of investment & return™.
Gary Mitchell (US HQ)
Julie Jones (UK HQ)
Tel: +44 (0) 1785 825600